">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

 
byco42 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 4056
Reply | Quote
Re: Brandon Inge??? WTF?


quote:

Egan2581 wrote:

quote:

byco42 wrote:

There's just no fit here. We don't need what you got and you are not going to over trade. I'll be surpeised if this happens.



I'd be all for a trade to the Dodgers however!



That's actually what's been floating around here as a rumor.



---
"From 1955 to my retirement, the best all-around player in the American League was Al Kaline." Mickey Mantle.
3/13/2008, 2:07 pm Link to this post   
 
losgigantes Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Location: South Bay
Posts: 1935
Reply | Quote
Re: Brandon Inge??? WTF?


quote:

byco42 wrote:

quote:

losgigantes wrote:

It can definitely hurt, IMO.

His glove is his weakness. The hot corner should not be skimped on in terms of D in my opinion. Think about how many base hits Pedro has saved in the past few years. Think about those diving stops, the cannon throw to 1B. Think if those balls were booted. Misplayed. Now Cain/Franchise/Whoever is in the stretch. More pitches thrown. Chances for steals. Balls find holes. Suddenly your SP is out of the game in the 6th inning, now it's a bullpen game. This is a very tricky thing here folks. I'd much rather have a defensive-leaning 3B than offensive.



Inge will not hurt you in the field. He only made 7 more errors than Feliz with 19 more chances.

It's at the plate where he'll be the liability.




I was talking about velez emoticon

---
Mr. President, we must not allow a mineshaft gap!!!
3/13/2008, 5:49 pm Link to this post   
 
Bhaakon Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 3591
Reply | Quote
Brandon Inge??? WTF?


Why take on a four year commitment to a mediocre at best player to fill a hole on a awful team?

IMO, acquiring Inge would be a huge mistake, far worse than Crede. He'd become another Alfonzo, just expensive and veterany enough to keep the team from looking for a real solution, but not good enough to be a net positive. It would just lock the team into another round of standing pat on mediocrity. And if the Giants did go out and get a good long-term 3B, Inge would just throw another hissy fit like he did in Detroit. If you're going to get a veteran stop-gap like Inge, at least find a guy who will be professional enough to accept a diminished role when a real solution presents itself (even if he's not necessarily happy about it).
3/13/2008, 5:59 pm Link to this post   
 
209Giant Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 04-2007
Location: Above the Fray
Posts: 3709
Reply | Quote
Brandon Inge??? WTF?


nm

Last edited by 209Giant, 3/13/2008, 6:02 pm


---
I'm a real American hero- Like Deer Hunter DeNiro
3/13/2008, 5:59 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: Brandon Inge??? WTF?


quote:

Bhaakon wrote:

Why take on a four year commitment to a mediocre at best player to fill a hole on a awful team?

IMO, acquiring Inge would be a huge mistake, far worse than Crede. He'd become another Alfonzo, just expensive and veterany enough to keep the team from looking for a real solution, but not good enough to be a net positive. It would just lock the team into another round of standing pat on mediocrity. And if the Giants did go out and get a good long-term 3B, Inge would just throw another hissy fit like he did in Detroit. If you're going to get a veteran stop-gap like Inge, at least find a guy who will be professional enough to accept a diminished role when a real solution presents itself (even if he's not necessarily happy about it).




Can Billy Crystal play 3B?

 emoticon
3/13/2008, 6:04 pm Link to this post   
 
losgigantes Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Location: South Bay
Posts: 1935
Reply | Quote
Re: Brandon Inge??? WTF?


quote:

Egan2581 wrote:

quote:

Bhaakon wrote:

Why take on a four year commitment to a mediocre at best player to fill a hole on a awful team?

IMO, acquiring Inge would be a huge mistake, far worse than Crede. He'd become another Alfonzo, just expensive and veterany enough to keep the team from looking for a real solution, but not good enough to be a net positive. It would just lock the team into another round of standing pat on mediocrity. And if the Giants did go out and get a good long-term 3B, Inge would just throw another hissy fit like he did in Detroit. If you're going to get a veteran stop-gap like Inge, at least find a guy who will be professional enough to accept a diminished role when a real solution presents itself (even if he's not necessarily happy about it).




Can Billy Crystal play 3B?

 emoticon



emoticon

That whole billy crystal situation just pisses me off.

---
Mr. President, we must not allow a mineshaft gap!!!
3/13/2008, 6:36 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: Brandon Inge??? WTF?


quote:

losgigantes wrote:

quote:

Egan2581 wrote:

quote:

Bhaakon wrote:

Why take on a four year commitment to a mediocre at best player to fill a hole on a awful team?

IMO, acquiring Inge would be a huge mistake, far worse than Crede. He'd become another Alfonzo, just expensive and veterany enough to keep the team from looking for a real solution, but not good enough to be a net positive. It would just lock the team into another round of standing pat on mediocrity. And if the Giants did go out and get a good long-term 3B, Inge would just throw another hissy fit like he did in Detroit. If you're going to get a veteran stop-gap like Inge, at least find a guy who will be professional enough to accept a diminished role when a real solution presents itself (even if he's not necessarily happy about it).




Can Billy Crystal play 3B?

 emoticon



emoticon

That whole billy crystal situation just pisses me off.




Why? Were you hoping the Giants would give him a contract first?
 =D
3/13/2008, 6:39 pm Link to this post   
 
losgigantes Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Location: South Bay
Posts: 1935
Reply | Quote
Brandon Inge??? WTF?


LOL nope... I'm just wondering why a mediocre has-been comic gets to take some swings in the bigs -- even if it's only a ST game. I think the game should mean more than celebrity whoring. I mean, seriously... who's next? George Carlin? Mister T? Webster? It just feels wrong to me. Bah!

---
Mr. President, we must not allow a mineshaft gap!!!
3/13/2008, 6:45 pm Link to this post   
 
MarcoPolo666 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

LIVING LEGEND
Global user

Registered: 07-2007
Posts: 7515
Reply | Quote
Brandon Inge??? WTF?


Didn't Garth Brooks start the "celebrity whoring " slide downhill several years ago? Didn't he play in a ST game?
3/13/2008, 7:55 pm Link to this post   
 
kaliber77 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

MOST VALUABLE POSTER
Global user

Registered: 06-2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 891
Reply | Quote
Re: Brandon Inge??? WTF?


quote:

losgigantes wrote:

LOL nope... I'm just wondering why a mediocre has-been comic gets to take some swings in the bigs -- even if it's only a ST game. I think the game should mean more than celebrity whoring. I mean, seriously... who's next? George Carlin? Mister T? Webster? It just feels wrong to me. Bah!



    The outlook wasn't brilliant for the Mudville Nine that day;
    The score stood four to two, with but one inning more to play,
    And then when Carlin died at first, and Mister T did the same,
    A sickly silence fell upon the patrons of the game.
    A straggling few got up to go in deep despair. The rest
    Clung to that hope which springs eternal in the human breast;
    They thought, if only Webster could get but a whack at that -
    We'd put up even money, now, with Webster at the bat.

--Log in or sign up to see linked image content--
3/13/2008, 7:55 pm Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME