">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2 

Poll results
Zito...he's the $126 million dollar man!
4 votes
 
 24%
Cain...he's a workhorse!
11 votes
 
 65%
Lincecum....our future!
1 votes
 
 6%
anyone else
1 votes
 
 6%
Total: 17 voters.  Total votes: 17.  Max items per vote allowed: 1.
 
croixdestick Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Bullpen Catcher
Global user

Registered: 04-2006
Location: flying under the radar
Posts: 6852
Reply | Quote
posticon Who should be our Opening Day Starter??


I mentioned this earlier [sign in to see URL] we should petition Bochy and ask that someone else other than Zito be our opening day [sign in to see URL] on, we are playing the DODGERS!!! Am I wrong or not??? Anyway, please [sign in to see URL] feel free to comment.

Last edited by croixdestick, 3/10/2008, 6:08 pm


---
money can't buy you a pennant...suck it doggies!!!
3/10/2008, 6:03 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: Who should be our Opening Day Starter??


quote:

croixdestick wrote:

I mentioned this earlier [sign in to see URL] we should petition Bochy and ask that someone else other than Zito be our opening day [sign in to see URL] on, we are playing the DODGERS!!! Am I wrong or not??? Anyway, please [sign in to see URL] feel free to comment.



I voted for Cain. But really ANYBODY but Zito would be fine by me. It's funny, when they signed Zito, they proclaimed him the face of the franchise Post Bonds. Now, just one year later, Cain's face is the one you see everywhere and not Zito. 4 BB today geez.
3/10/2008, 6:09 pm Link to this post   
 
FATALFART Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 11-2006
Posts: 1681
Reply | Quote



cain is starting the home opener, i could care less if barry zippo gets rocked by la
3/10/2008, 6:10 pm Link to this post   
 
croixdestick Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Bullpen Catcher
Global user

Registered: 04-2006
Location: flying under the radar
Posts: 6852
Reply | Quote
Re: Who should be our Opening Day Starter??


quote:

Egan2581 wrote:

quote:

croixdestick wrote:

I mentioned this earlier [sign in to see URL] we should petition Bochy and ask that someone else other than Zito be our opening day [sign in to see URL] on, we are playing the DODGERS!!! Am I wrong or not??? Anyway, please [sign in to see URL] feel free to comment.



I voted for Cain. But really ANYBODY but Zito would be fine by me. It's funny, when they signed Zito, they proclaimed him the face of the franchise Post Bonds. Now, just one year later, Cain's face is the one you see everywhere and not Zito. 4 BB today geez.



I'll be getting that petition ready for your signature... emoticon

---
money can't buy you a pennant...suck it doggies!!!
3/10/2008, 6:11 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: Who should be our Opening Day Starter??


quote:

croixdestick wrote:

quote:

Egan2581 wrote:

quote:

croixdestick wrote:

I mentioned this earlier [sign in to see URL] we should petition Bochy and ask that someone else other than Zito be our opening day [sign in to see URL] on, we are playing the DODGERS!!! Am I wrong or not??? Anyway, please [sign in to see URL] feel free to comment.



I voted for Cain. But really ANYBODY but Zito would be fine by me. It's funny, when they signed Zito, they proclaimed him the face of the franchise Post Bonds. Now, just one year later, Cain's face is the one you see everywhere and not Zito. 4 BB today geez.



I'll be getting that petition ready for your signature... emoticon




I have my pen in hand. Barry Zippo. I like that Fatal

 emoticon
3/10/2008, 6:12 pm Link to this post   
 
xxERICSMITHxx Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

ALL-STAR POSTER
Global user

Registered: 09-2007
Posts: 282
Reply | Quote
Re: Who should be our Opening Day Starter??


I am fine with it being Zito. It is not like it really matters anyways now that Lowry is hurt. Zito, Cain, and Lincecum are all going to pitch in that series against the Dodgers. Plus, with Cain pitching second, if I remember correctly, he will be the pitcher for the Giants home opener.
3/10/2008, 6:12 pm Link to this post   
 
Nine Buck Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

ALL TIME GREAT
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Posts: 20410
Reply | Quote
Re: Who should be our Opening Day Starter??


Nothing will change, it's a financial decision, not a hardcore Dodger hating, lifelong Giants fan based decision.

They want a home opener win --- more than a season opening win vs the Bums <-- like we all want.

Who cares more-if we win the home opener -- over beating the Dodgers on opening day?

I sure don't.


My (futile) vote would be for Cain to start us off with a semi decent chance for an opening day win vs the fackin' Bums.

Would be nice to be tied for First place for ONE day this year, wouldn't it?
3/10/2008, 6:13 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: Who should be our Opening Day Starter??


Double Post. Sorry

 emoticon

Last edited by Egan2581, 3/10/2008, 6:21 pm
3/10/2008, 6:17 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: Who should be our Opening Day Starter??


quote:

Nine Buck wrote:

Nothing will change, it's a financial decision, not a hardcore Dodger hating, lifelong Giants fan based decision.

They want a home opener win --- more than a season opening win vs the Bums <-- like we all want.

Who cares more-if we win the home opener -- over beating the Dodgers on opening day?

I sure don't.



My (futile) vote would be for Cain to start us off with a semi decent chance for an opening day win vs the fackin' Bums.

Would be nice to be tied for First place for ONE day this year, wouldn't it?



 emoticon


I would rather beat the Facking Dodgers than win the home opener. In fact a winning record against the Bums would make my season. I hate those !@#$!



Last edited by Egan2581, 3/10/2008, 6:18 pm
3/10/2008, 6:17 pm Link to this post   
 
209Giant Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 04-2007
Location: Above the Fray
Posts: 3709
Reply | Quote



Cain.


---
I'm a real American hero- Like Deer Hunter DeNiro
3/10/2008, 6:34 pm Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY

Page:  1  2 





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME