">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 

 
FSS Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3051
Reply | Quote
Teh Gamers


Has anyone driven by the ballpark and seen these lame ads? Or heard the commericals on KNBR?

It looks like we are in for a real long season with this being our motto, and I think it was Bhaakon who pointed out that the term "gamer" always seems to apply to white guys who aren't the most physically [sign in to see URL] he's right, I never hear "gamer" or "gritty player" about players from the DC or Cuba.

How about this motto instead "Come watch some shitty white boys try real hard, but will fail miserably...$9 for that Anchor Steam please".

F me, I can't wait to get to Vegas to bet the under.
3/9/2008, 6:50 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: Teh Gamers


quote:

FSS wrote:

Has anyone driven by the ballpark and seen these lame ads? Or heard the commericals on KNBR?

It looks like we are in for a real long season with this being our motto, and I think it was Bhaakon who pointed out that the term "gamer" always seems to apply to white guys who aren't the most physically [sign in to see URL] he's right, I never hear "gamer" or "gritty player" about players from the DC or Cuba.

How about this motto instead "Come watch some shitty white boys try real hard, but will fail miserably...$9 for that Anchor Steam please".

F me, I can't wait to get to Vegas to bet the under.



I put 200 on the Under at Harrah's in South Lake. The ads this year are fuckung corny as I have ever seen them.



3/9/2008, 7:41 pm Link to this post   
 
FSS Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3051
Reply | Quote



What was the over/under number there?
3/9/2008, 7:50 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

FSS wrote:

What was the over/under number there?



71..... I just can't see this team cracking 70 wins this year.

Last edited by Egan2581, 3/9/2008, 7:52 pm
3/9/2008, 7:51 pm Link to this post   
 
powermax Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

TOP PROSPECT
Global user

Registered: 05-2007
Posts: 3
Reply | Quote
Re: Teh Gamers


be optimistic



not a doomsayer

500 ball 81-81


write it down and let me know come october

 emoticon
3/9/2008, 7:55 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: Teh Gamers


quote:

powermax wrote:

be optimistic



not a doomsayer

500 ball 81-81


write it down and let me know come october

 emoticon



If this team wins 81 games I'll be dancing in the streets. I want them to do well, but I am not blind. Just realistic. All I want from them this year is to be competetive and play the kids. However, given the brain trusts body of work the last three years or so, I am skeptical.

Last edited by Egan2581, 3/9/2008, 8:00 pm
3/9/2008, 7:57 pm Link to this post   
 
FATALFART Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 11-2006
Posts: 1681
Reply | Quote



the only way this team cracks 70 games is if merkin/threets emerage as ligitmate 7/th inning guys and wilson is the real deal. the rest of the pen looks just as bad as last year.
3/9/2008, 8:29 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

FATALFART wrote:

the only way this team cracks 70 games is if merkin/threets emerage as ligitmate 7/th inning guys and wilson is the real deal. the rest of the pen looks just as bad as last year.



Don't forget the offense or lack there of. This team is struggling to score runs in the thin air of AZ. It doesn't matter how well we pitch, if we can't score any runs.
3/9/2008, 8:32 pm Link to this post   
 
FATALFART Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 11-2006
Posts: 1681
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

Egan2581 wrote:

quote:

FATALFART wrote:

the only way this team cracks 70 games is if merkin/threets emerage as ligitmate 7/th inning guys and wilson is the real deal. the rest of the pen looks just as bad as last year.



Don't forget the offense or lack there of. This team is struggling to score runs in the thin air of AZ. It doesn't matter how well we pitch, if we can't score any runs.



one problem at a time!
3/9/2008, 8:37 pm Link to this post   
 
FSS Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3051
Reply | Quote



Didn't we win 71 last year? We've lost Bonds, all his [sign in to see URL] will never see that many ducks on the pond, let alone drive them [sign in to see URL] is another hole (though not as big as the one in his swing)...there was that spark we had when Rajai came over, won't happen [sign in to see URL] & Lowry are already [sign in to see URL] have no [sign in to see URL] 1st or 3rd [sign in to see URL] have great SPs, but the pen will ruin it for [sign in to see URL] an overall offense that will never be able to rally back from 2-3 run early deficits, and a bullpen that will be eager to blow the few 1 run games we get. We are a far worse team this year.

Could this team win more than 71 games? Maybe. Not a snowballs chance in hell they win 81, no facking way.

Last edited by FSS, 3/9/2008, 8:40 pm
3/9/2008, 8:40 pm Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME