">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 

 
Nine Buck Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

ALL TIME GREAT
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Posts: 20410
Reply | Quote
Re: T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


quote:

Bhaakon wrote:

Let me clarify. Hunter has been more consistent than Rowand, but Hunter's still been terribly inconsistent. In both cases (Hunter and Rowand) the teams are paying out salaries that the respective players have only really earned in two of the past five seasons. At least in Rowand's case he'd have been a bargain at his current salary in those two seasons, while Hunter would have been merely appropriately compensated.



I see your point and the money issue is what I ultimately agreed was a fair factor to consider, if one cares about such things.
Fact is, as long as the salary cap could handle it, I really didn't care how much PROFIT it would have cost the ownership group, as long as they got us a real bat.
(It's not my money and so obviously that's easy for me to say.)

Otherwise, I would have rather they saved the dough and not put yet another player in front of Nate/Davis at all, rather than just get another decent player.
And that's what I think Rowand is-- an above average and decent player, nothing more.

I guess it's just personal opinion when it comes down to it, but I see Hunter as being more than decent and more than above average.

I'd still like to see Winn and Roberts go away, but as usual, Sabean sat on his hands and now Winn is injured-- with another foul ball knee that according to Winn himself is "like the injury I had bothering me most of last season"
(paraphrased)

3/9/2008, 12:06 am Link to this post   
 
Nimbus Rodus Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 1767
Reply | Quote
Re: T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


quote:

Nine Buck wrote:

...Winn is injured-- with another foul ball knee that according to Winn himself is "like the injury I had bothering me most of last season"
(paraphrased)





Earlier in the radio gamecast Winn was quoted as saying that the foul ball was off his shin, not his knee.

For what it's worth...
3/9/2008, 2:08 pm Link to this post   
 
Nine Buck Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

ALL TIME GREAT
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Posts: 20410
Reply | Quote
Re: T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


quote:

Nimbus Rodus wrote:

quote:

Nine Buck wrote:

...Winn is injured-- with another foul ball knee that according to Winn himself is "like the injury I had bothering me most of last season"
(paraphrased)





Earlier in the radio gamecast Winn was quoted as saying that the foul ball was off his shin, not his knee.

For what it's worth...



I heard that too.
Miller stated that WInn said he thought it was off his knee but was surprised to see the bruise on his ankle the next day.
(maybe Miller meant to say shin, or maybe it was his ankle, not that there is a whole lot of difference, but an ankle injury is usually more troubling long term.)
Must have been some shooting pain, to have been felt more in his knee initially.

Hopefully, that's good news in regards to being an ankle/shin rather than a knee?

.
.




Last edited by Nine Buck, 3/9/2008, 2:48 pm
3/9/2008, 2:37 pm Link to this post   
 
Nimbus Rodus Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 1767
Reply | Quote
Re: T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


quote:

Nine Buck wrote:

quote:

Nimbus Rodus wrote:

quote:

Nine Buck wrote:

...Winn is injured-- with another foul ball knee that according to Winn himself is "like the injury I had bothering me most of last season"
(paraphrased)





Earlier in the radio gamecast Winn was quoted as saying that the foul ball was off his shin, not his knee.

For what it's worth...



I heard that too.
Miller stated that WInn said he thought it was off his knee but was surprised to see the bruise on his ankle the next day.
(maybe Miller meant to say shin, or maybe it was his ankle, not that there is a whole lot of difference, but an ankle injury is usually more troubling long term.)
Must have been some shooting pain, to have been felt more in his knee initially.

Hopefully, that's good news in regards to being an ankle/shin rather than a knee?

.
.






Let's hope it's good news. There won't be buckets of it this season.
3/9/2008, 4:02 pm Link to this post   
 
Avenge02 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

MOST VALUABLE POSTER
Global user

Registered: 11-2006
Posts: 590
Reply | Quote
Re: T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


quote:


Otherwise, I would have rather they saved the dough and not put yet another player in front of Nate/Davis at all, rather than just get another decent player.
And that's what I think Rowand is-- an above average and decent player, nothing more.



That rationale encapsulates my objection to the Rowand signing. Too much money, for too many years, to too average of a player. Who, moreover, didn’t fill a position of greatest need (that being one of the corner inf positions) and who blocks Nate.

My only hope is that spring training convinces Magowan who futile it is to think the Giants will be anywhere close to contending this year or next year.
Accordingly, Magowan comes to the bleated conclusion that it is necessary to:
1) Blow up the roster. If takers can’t be found for Roberts and company, they need to be DFA.
2) Give the greatest number of promising young players meaningful experience this year.
3) More $ needs to be sunk in intl. scouting.
4) Spend whatever it takes during the draft.
5) Do not overpay for another average player(s) during FA.

 emoticon
3/9/2008, 4:21 pm Link to this post   
 
FATALFART Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 11-2006
Posts: 1681
Reply | Quote
T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


hunter is a good player, i just dont think hes worth 100 mil considering his age and decline in the field. i expect his bat to be just as good for the next couple of years
3/9/2008, 4:37 pm Link to this post   
 
Nine Buck Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

ALL TIME GREAT
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Posts: 20410
Reply | Quote
Re: T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


quote:

FATALFART wrote:

hunter is a good player, i just dont think hes worth 100 mil considering his age and decline in the field. i expect his bat to be just as good for the next couple of years



I believe it was 90 mill/5 years, not 100, but your point is still well taken. Definitely pricey.

Let me ask you this though-- who would you rather have for (an average of) 18 million a year--

Zito for 7 years -- or Torii Hunter for 5 years?

Yes, I know that's hindsight logic, but it still has relevance when considering Hunters worth.

3/9/2008, 5:25 pm Link to this post   
 
FATALFART Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 11-2006
Posts: 1681
Reply | Quote
Re: T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


quote:

Nine Buck wrote:

quote:

FATALFART wrote:

hunter is a good player, i just dont think hes worth 100 mil considering his age and decline in the field. i expect his bat to be just as good for the next couple of years



I believe it was 90 mill/5 years, not 100, but your point is still well taken. Definitely pricey.

Let me ask you this though-- who would you rather have for (an average of) 18 million a year--

Zito for 7 years -- or Torii Hunter for 5 years?

Yes, I know that's hindsight logic, but it still has relevance when considering Hunters worth.



i rather have hunter, at least he'll be productive offensively. i have serious doubts about zito, hes been declining every year. i hope he can turn it around
3/9/2008, 6:16 pm Link to this post   
 
Tranq Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: Having drinks with your mom
Posts: 1062
Reply | Quote
T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


Bhakkon, I think people have to care to have that come to mind.
3/10/2008, 1:46 am Link to this post   
 
Tranq Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: Having drinks with your mom
Posts: 1062
Reply | Quote
T4Cy and I BOTH told you guys, and almost no one agreed with us


That being said, I'll have to consider you as more than an asshat. Great, that's just what I needed, another person on this board that I take note of...

Last edited by Tranq, 3/10/2008, 2:01 am
3/10/2008, 1:56 am Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME