">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2 

 
22TheThrill Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 2774
Reply | Quote
12 Blue Light Specials?


From Rosenthal....

The Giants, according to a rival executive, have informed clubs of their willingness to discuss approximately a dozen players, including major and minor leaguers. Among the veterans on the list: Ray Durham, Rich Aurilia, Randy Winn and Steve Kline. The Giants are looking for late-inning relievers, outfielders, a third baseman and backup catcher.

---------

Sounds like Sabean is trying to come in late in the the process to try and make [sign in to see URL].

Good F'n luck Brian. Nobody wants any of this garbage.

Just sayin'

---
------------
Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.
Leo Durocher



3/6/2008, 12:15 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: 12 Blue Light Specials?


quote:

22TheThrill wrote:

From Rosenthal....

The Giants, according to a rival executive, have informed clubs of their willingness to discuss approximately a dozen players, including major and minor leaguers. Among the veterans on the list: Ray Durham, Rich Aurilia, Randy Winn and Steve Kline. The Giants are looking for late-inning relievers, outfielders, a third baseman and backup catcher.

---------

Sounds like Sabean is trying to come in late in the the process to try and make [sign in to see URL].

Good F'n luck Brian. Nobody wants any of this garbage.

Just sayin'





Gee it's only about a year late. What makes him think these guys have any more value now than they did in October. I know it sounds drastic, but cut all of the guys on the list except maybe Winn. He might have a little value. If we are going to rebuild let's get rid of all the crap and start from scratch. I don't care if we get nothing in return for these washed up players. Get rid of them at all costs. I want to see guys like Velez, Merkin, and what not out there. With some of these vets here we all know a few of the younger guys are going to get squeezed.... and for what exactly? Time to clean out the entire closet of the old junk and bring in the new.



Last edited by Egan2581, 3/6/2008, 12:29 pm
3/6/2008, 12:25 pm Link to this post   
 
timmy4cyyoung Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 03-2008
Posts: 2980
Reply | Quote
Re: 12 Blue Light Specials?


A backup catcher??

WTF? We gonna go with a 10 man rotation now and carry 4 catchers??

---
Don't waste the beer BRO!! - Aubrey Huff
3/6/2008, 12:36 pm Link to this post   
 
BruteSentiment Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2050
Reply | Quote



Outfielders?

Hrm.

---
SFDugout.com - It's back! Top 50 Giants Prospects currently running!
3/6/2008, 12:40 pm Link to this post   
 
22TheThrill Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 2774
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

BruteSentiment wrote:

Outfielders?

Hrm.



I know what you mean. Outfielders? WTF?
Then again, maybe Sabean is thinking about doing what so many people think needs to happen, namely that he's going to blow up this team. Doing so might still include dealing a young outfielder or two. Who knows? It is just interesting although if this information from Rosenthal is correct, then it sounds like Sabean has just been sitting back, waiting till spring in an attempt to maximize what cr_ap he has on the roster.

Just sayin'

---
------------
Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.
Leo Durocher



3/6/2008, 1:56 pm Link to this post   
 
tehehd Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 1769
Reply | Quote
Re: 12 Blue Light Specials?


keep nate! he is the best young hitter on this club. he could be a solid 5 or 6 hold guy on a good team.

---
"in the early days all i hoped was to make a living out of what i did best. but, since there's no real market for masturbation i had to fall back on my bass playing abilities."

les claypool
3/6/2008, 2:07 pm Link to this post   
 
Cameron Frye Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Posts: 1194
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

BruteSentiment wrote:

Outfielders?

Hrm.



You know, I hate to try to find logic in Brian Sabean's "thoughts" but there exists a strong possibility that the only people who truly believe that Schierholtz and Lewis and Davis and Velez and Ortmeier etc, etc, etc have a bright future are posting on this board on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong with the idea that these guys could fill out the roster and become useful platoon players.

But before we all go and anoint Fred Lewis the next Chili Davis, let's stop to consider that he might well be the next Brian Dallimore.

---
The designated hitter rule is like letting someone else take Wilt Chamberlain's free throws.

~Rick Wise, 1974


3/6/2008, 2:16 pm Link to this post   
 
22TheThrill Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 2774
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

Cameron Frye wrote:

quote:

BruteSentiment wrote:

Outfielders?

Hrm.



You know, I hate to try to find logic in Brian Sabean's "thoughts" but there exists a strong possibility that the only people who truly believe that Schierholtz and Lewis and Davis and Velez and Ortmeier etc, etc, etc have a bright future are posting on this board on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything wrong with the idea that these guys could fill out the roster and become useful platoon players.

But before we all go and anoint Fred Lewis the next Chili Davis, let's stop to consider that he might well be the next Brian Dallimore.



 emoticon

...and that's why I wouldn't be surprised to see Sabean deal anybody between now and the start of the season.

Just sayin'

---
------------
Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.
Leo Durocher



3/6/2008, 2:24 pm Link to this post   
 
tehehd Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 1769
Reply | Quote
Re: 12 Blue Light Specials?


i see you use the term, "thoughts" loosely.

nate has never looked as bad as fransden at the plate, ever. yet somehow everyone has faith that franny will be good. nate has hit 300 everywhere, even the show last year. ne needs to get more ab's in the show to see how good he really is.

---
"in the early days all i hoped was to make a living out of what i did best. but, since there's no real market for masturbation i had to fall back on my bass playing abilities."

les claypool
3/6/2008, 2:46 pm Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: 12 Blue Light Specials?


quote:

tehehd wrote:

i see you use the term, "thoughts" loosely.

nate has never looked as bad as fransden at the plate, ever. yet somehow everyone has faith that franny will be good. nate has hit 300 everywhere, even the show last year. ne needs to get more ab's in the show to see how good he really is.



Maybe I am stating the obvious, but out of the group Lewis, Frandsen, Schierholtz Ortmeier, I believe Schierholtz is the only "sure thing." I think He will hit in the majors enough to be a pretty good player at this level for quite a few years. I want to believe in Frandsen, but so far, other than his gritty, blue collar style of play, I haven't seen much to get me excited about. Lewis, who knows? How old is Velez?
3/6/2008, 2:53 pm Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY

Page:  1  2 





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME