">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


 
timmy4cyyoung Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 03-2008
Posts: 2980
Reply | Quote
The Bullpen??


Assuming they stick with an 11 man pen. I don't know how they possibly could....

Is this our pen starting in April?

Chulk
Taschner
Kline
Hennessey (7th)
Walker (SU)
Wilson (CL)

Where does that leave Sanchez? Possibly traded for Crede?

Threets and Valdez have also put up strong cases for a spot. Threets will be gone if not. I'd take either over Kline.

Messenger can be cut as far as I'm concerened.

If we went with a 12 man staff and dropped Kline somehow...

Threets
Valdez
Taschner
Chulk
Hennessey (7th)
Walker (SU)
Wilson (CL)

Thoughts?



---
Don't waste the beer BRO!! - Aubrey Huff
3/6/2008, 9:28 am Link to this post   
 
Avenge02 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

MOST VALUABLE POSTER
Global user

Registered: 11-2006
Posts: 590
Reply | Quote
Re: The Bullpen??


Threets
Valdez
Taschner
Chulk
Hennessey (7th)
Walker (SU)
Wilson (CL)


This is pen that I think they should go with.

However this apparently is not what management thinks. See: [sign in to see URL]
3/6/2008, 9:52 am Link to this post   
 
22TheThrill Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 2774
Reply | Quote



Don't forget that if Capellan doesn't make the 25 man roster, he will be sent back to the Red Sox. Also, what about Kline? The Giants still owe him $[sign in to see URL] million. Seems he will make the team becuase of that salary. My guess is that Taschner will be sent down to AAA since he still has an option left.

I still think that either Threets or Valdez will be part of a deal involving Crede along with another infield prospect. Bo_ock maybe?

Just sayin'

---
------------
Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.
Leo Durocher



3/6/2008, 10:13 am Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: The Bullpen??


In the mode that this team is supposed to be in (rebuilding) The Giants cannot let a young guy like Valdez get away. Even if it's at the expense of a guy like Kline. If Merkin continues to throw like he has, if he doesn't make the opening day roster, I am going to be pissed. And if it comes down to Merkin or a third catcher, and they opt to go with the catcher, it will be so typical of the brass. 3 catchers... WTF?

Last edited by Egan2581, 3/6/2008, 10:27 am
3/6/2008, 10:23 am Link to this post   
 
22TheThrill Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 2774
Reply | Quote
Re: The Bullpen??


quote:

Egan2581 wrote:

In the mode that this team is supposed to be in (rebuilding) The Giants cannot let a young guy like Valdez get away. Even if it's at the expense of a guy like Kline. If Merkin continues to throw like he has, if he doesn't make the opening day roster, I am going to be pissed.



Well get ready because I don't think we've seen the end of idiotic moves by Sabean. I expect one or two stupid moves before the team breaks camp to start the season.

Just sayin'

---
------------
Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.
Leo Durocher



3/6/2008, 10:27 am Link to this post   
 
Egan2581 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2006
Posts: 1594
Reply | Quote
Re: The Bullpen??


quote:

22TheThrill wrote:

quote:

Egan2581 wrote:

In the mode that this team is supposed to be in (rebuilding) The Giants cannot let a young guy like Valdez get away. Even if it's at the expense of a guy like Kline. If Merkin continues to throw like he has, if he doesn't make the opening day roster, I am going to be pissed.



Well get ready because I don't think we've seen the end of idiotic moves by Sabean. I expect one or two stupid moves before the team breaks camp to start the season.

Just sayin'




I think you are right Thrill
3/6/2008, 10:29 am Link to this post   
 
timmy4cyyoung Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 03-2008
Posts: 2980
Reply | Quote
Re: The Bullpen??


I honestly think the Crede trade will happen. Not saying I want it, but I think it will...

Sanchez even trade - He has never had a real role on the team. Its hard to see him becoming a starter with our 5 we have now, and Bumgarner and others in minors.

Threets or Valdez or both? Thrill is [sign in to see URL] always has it in him to make a bad trade.

We should know by the end of the week.

Josh Fields has been struggling bad in Chicago, so maybe they don't trade Crede.


---
Don't waste the beer BRO!! - Aubrey Huff
3/6/2008, 10:36 am Link to this post   
 
22TheThrill Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 2774
Reply | Quote
Re: The Bullpen??


quote:

timmy4cyyoung wrote:

I honestly think the Crede trade will happen. Not saying I want it, but I think it will...

Sanchez even trade - He has never had a real role on the team. Its hard to see him becoming a starter with our 5 we have now, and Bumgarner and others in minors.

Threets or Valdez or both? Thrill is [sign in to see URL] always has it in him to make a bad trade.

We should know by the end of the week.

Josh Fields has been struggling bad in Chicago, so maybe they don't trade Crede.



Maybe if Fields continues to struggle, Williams would trade him to the Giants instead of Crede? I'd be all over a Sanchez and Threets deal for Fields. Won't happen I know but it would be nice.

Just sayin'

---
------------
Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.
Leo Durocher



3/6/2008, 10:41 am Link to this post   
 
losgigantes Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Location: South Bay
Posts: 1935
Reply | Quote



emoticon

Fields would be a nice addition. I haven't seen him play, but his stats look promising. Judging from his walks/so/obp, i'd say he's a little over-patient, but 20+ HR in 350 AB? Lord.

---
Mr. President, we must not allow a mineshaft gap!!!
3/6/2008, 12:31 pm Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME