">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
giantc Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

MOST VALUABLE POSTER
Global user

Registered: 07-2007
Posts: 854
Reply | Quote
Re: Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


Sabean got really lucky here -- I cannot believe he offered more money to Feliz than what he signed for -- thank god Pedro is truly an idiot and somehow felt slighted by being offered more money with a deadline.

The fact that Sabean offered him (probably $9M over tow years) more money shows that it is killing him to play youngsters.

At this point they might as well let Fransden play third -- he is not a long-term solution there but they will find out if he can hit enough to play 2B in 2009.

Dallas MacPherson still does not have a home and I would still like to see him signed with Fransden getting time at all the IF positions.

Last edited by giantc, 1/28/2008, 7:13 pm
1/28/2008, 7:09 pm Link to this post   
 
jobu needsarefill Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: South Bay
Posts: 1541
Reply | Quote
Re: Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


If Kevin gets extended playing time at 3rd, I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised with his glove. Will he flash the leather as well as Pete Hacky? Prolly not, but K-Fran will have plenty of dirty uniforms for Murph to clean.

Wherever he plays on the IF, it's critical he gets AB's day in & day out.




---
"The preacher says all my sins is warshed away, includin' that Piggly Wiggly I knocked over in Yazoo." -- Delmar O'Donnell
1/28/2008, 7:30 pm Link to this post   
 
FSS Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3051
Reply | Quote
Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


"Bottom line is at the end of the day"

Ah Brute, why did you have to go and get all Sabean on us?
1/28/2008, 7:42 pm Link to this post   
 
MarcoPolo666 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

LIVING LEGEND
Global user

Registered: 07-2007
Posts: 7515
Reply | Quote
Re: Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


quote:

giantc wrote:

At this point they might as well let Fransden play third -- he is not a long-term solution there but they will find out if he can hit enough to play 2B in 2009.

Dallas MacPherson still does not have a home and I would still like to see him signed with Fransden getting time at all the IF positions.



I agree. Let Frandsen play at 3B if nobody is signed, and show what he can do. If MacPherson can be signed at a reasonable price (and NO guaranteed money for 2009 or '10) then he should be signed.

2008 should be the "see what the youngsters we have can do" year.

---
Do not suggest trading for somebody for only two years (unless the Giants dump a crappy contract)
1/28/2008, 7:44 pm Link to this post   
 
22TheThrill Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 2774
Reply | Quote
Re: Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


quote:

MarcoPolo666 wrote:

quote:

giantc wrote:

At this point they might as well let Fransden play third -- he is not a long-term solution there but they will find out if he can hit enough to play 2B in 2009.

Dallas MacPherson still does not have a home and I would still like to see him signed with Fransden getting time at all the IF positions.



I agree. Let Frandsen play at 3B if nobody is signed, and show what he can do. If MacPherson can be signed at a reasonable price (and NO guaranteed money for 2009 or '10) then he should be signed.

2008 should be the "see what the youngsters we have can do" year.



And 2008 should be about getting more of the sh!tty contracts off the books for investment in the farm system and for FA's in 2009 and beyond.

Just sayin'

---
------------
Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.
Leo Durocher



1/28/2008, 7:50 pm Link to this post   
 
Every6thDay Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

MOST VALUABLE POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 963
Reply | Quote
Re: Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


Word to everything Brute wrote.
1/28/2008, 8:31 pm Link to this post   
 
FATALFART Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 11-2006
Posts: 1681
Reply | Quote
Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


he should hit over 30 hrs in that bandbox, i hope he does well.
1/28/2008, 10:19 pm Link to this post   
 
Bhaakon Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 3591
Reply | Quote
Re: Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


If Pedro hits 30 in Philly, how many will Rowand hit here? 10?
1/28/2008, 11:48 pm Link to this post   
 
FATALFART Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 11-2006
Posts: 1681
Reply | Quote
Re: Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


quote:

Bhaakon wrote:

If Pedro hits 30 in Philly, how many will Rowand hit here? 10?



thats not good to think about.
1/29/2008, 12:06 am Link to this post   
 
Nine Buck Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

ALL TIME GREAT
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Posts: 20410
Reply | Quote
Re: Phils sign Feliz to 2 year deal...pending physical


quote:

Bhaakon wrote:

If Pedro hits 30 in Philly, how many will Rowand hit here? 10?



Rowand 2008:

50 (doubles)

6 triples

22 homeruns

8 sacrifice bunts

38 walks

.352 OBP

.289 BA

.478 slugging

1/29/2008, 11:40 am Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME