">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 ... 5  6  7 

 
BarrysBoy Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

VETERAN POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Posts: 58
Reply | Quote
Does ANYONE like the Aaron Rowand signing?


It seems since the day after his signing, no one really cares. I think it was a great signing. I know he doesn't put up monster numbers, but his defense in CF is really going to help the ERA of the pitching staff.

Who knows, he might have a break out year offensively!

I remember when alot of people were down on the Molina signing. He turned out to be a real good signing. I say just give Rowand a chance. I love the guy's attitude.



Last edited by BarrysBoy, 12/16/2007, 4:08 pm


---
Iron Maiden: Run to the Hills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk
12/16/2007, 4:06 pm Link to this post   
 
TheMalcontent Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 3130
Reply | Quote
Re: Does ANYONE like the Aaron Rowand signing?


I like Rowand and I wouldn't mind the signing if we were one piece away from contending for a WS, but he isn't going to help us this year or in the near future if we have to keep throwing this kind of money at FA when we need to fill some of our positions with talent from our minor leagues.



---

12/16/2007, 4:14 pm Link to this post   
 
BarrysBoy Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

VETERAN POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Posts: 58
Reply | Quote
Re: Does ANYONE like the Aaron Rowand signing?


Rowand is just one piece off the puzzle.

I have a feeling the Giants are going to get a huge bat via trade at 1st, 3rd, or LF.

Once the dust settles, I think this team will be looking pretty good.

---
Iron Maiden: Run to the Hills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk
12/16/2007, 4:20 pm Link to this post   
 
1FlapDown Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

VETERAN POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 50
Reply | Quote



I like the signing. The 600 pound gorilla in the room is the simple fact that the Giants stink. To get anyone to sign they are going to have to over pay. Frankly I don't care if they over pay as long as it doesn't keep them from spending money elsewhere. The market is what the market is.
12/16/2007, 4:30 pm Link to this post   
 
Bhaakon Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 3591
Reply | Quote



Not that i'm against breasteses or anything, but I'd like to be able to peruse on to this message board in, you know, public places. I'm not saying that' it's got to be work safe, but I'd like to not get dirty looks from the people around me.

Last edited by Bhaakon, 12/16/2007, 4:32 pm
12/16/2007, 4:31 pm Link to this post   
 
BarrysBoy Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

VETERAN POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Posts: 58
Reply | Quote
Re: …


I'm sure we were all sick of the great pitching efforts from Cain and Lincecum only to get 1 or 2 runs or shutout completely.

I hate to say it, but I would not be surprised if Sabean changes his mind and deals on of them for a big bat.

I prefer dealing Sanchez and Lowry for a big bat.



---
Iron Maiden: Run to the Hills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk
12/16/2007, 4:38 pm Link to this post   
 
BarrysBoy Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

VETERAN POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Posts: 58
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

Bhaakon wrote:

Not that i'm against breasteses or anything, but I'd like to be able to peruse on to this message board in, you know, public places. I'm not saying that' it's got to be work safe, but I'd like to not get dirty looks from the people around me.



lol!

Look at the bright side.

Just be glad I'm not gay and have some guys hose swinging around on my avatar!



 emoticon

---
Iron Maiden: Run to the Hills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk
12/16/2007, 4:40 pm Link to this post   
 
TheMalcontent Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 3130
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

1FlapDown wrote:

I like the signing. The 600 pound gorilla in the room is the simple fact that the Giants stink. To get anyone to sign they are going to have to over pay. Frankly I don't care if they over pay as long as it doesn't keep them from spending money elsewhere. The market is what the market is.



But it does effect spending the money else where, they have a self imposed budget ~90 Million.

This is why they need to be smart with their money, they should have just played Sheirholtz, Davis, Lewis, Ortmeier, Frandsen and see who can stick as a cheap solution, but we are continuing down the road to just hope to get in the playoffs (wont happen this season) and everything else is a crap shoot.

---

12/16/2007, 4:48 pm Link to this post   
 
MarcoPolo666 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

LIVING LEGEND
Global user

Registered: 07-2007
Posts: 7515
Reply | Quote



~$90M *minus* deferred payments, according to Lord Sabean. (Or was it his highness, Duke Magowan?)

Last edited by MarcoPolo666, 12/16/2007, 5:14 pm


---
Do not suggest trading for somebody for only two years (unless the Giants dump a crappy contract)
12/16/2007, 5:14 pm Link to this post   
 
xxERICSMITHxx Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

ALL-STAR POSTER
Global user

Registered: 09-2007
Posts: 282
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

TheMalcontent wrote:

quote:

1FlapDown wrote:

I like the signing. The 600 pound gorilla in the room is the simple fact that the Giants stink. To get anyone to sign they are going to have to over pay. Frankly I don't care if they over pay as long as it doesn't keep them from spending money elsewhere. The market is what the market is.



But it does effect spending the money else where, they have a self imposed budget ~90 Million.

This is why they need to be smart with their money, they should have just played Sheirholtz, Davis, Lewis, Ortmeier, Frandsen and see who can stick as a cheap solution, but we are continuing down the road to just hope to get in the playoffs (wont happen this season) and everything else is a crap shoot.



And the Giants have pretty much already hit that 90 million spending limit for next year. That is why it is a bad signing. That and his defense is overrated and his bat is a bit inconsistent.
12/16/2007, 5:57 pm Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY

Page:  1  2  3 ... 5  6  7 





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME