">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3 

 
BarrysBoy Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

VETERAN POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Posts: 58
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

TheMalcontent wrote:

quote:

Lionel Mandrake wrote:

I am offended at "white boy". I would never refer to an African American as "black boy" so let's cut with the bullshit.

You really think that there's writers and editors sitting around the newsrooms wondering how they're going to stick it to Barry and other African Americans? Please.



Well there are writers and editors sitting around the newsrooms wondering how they're going to stick it to Barry, not because he's black, but because of his attitude towards the media.



True but if he was white, maybe they wouldn't waste their time.



 emoticon

---
Iron Maiden: Run to the Hills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk
12/14/2007, 3:58 pm Link to this post   
 
Lionel Mandrake Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 1895
Reply | Quote



Perhaps, Malcontent. But I would be willing to wager that it leads with Barry because of his fame and how many copies you can sell and ads that go with it. Money is the real reason here.

---
Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that: It lights up the whole sky.
Hafiz
12/14/2007, 3:59 pm Link to this post   
 
Lionel Mandrake Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 1895
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

BarrysBoy wrote:

Why do you say that?

 emoticon



I think you see the world in a very cut and dried manner. When I was younger and an idealistic, pie in the sky guy myself, I felt similar.

As I have grown older and experienced more in life, business, travel, etc., I have learned that things are a lot more complicated than they seem. But, I have also learned that if there's a good reason to believe that something is true because there are many clues that lead you to a logical conclusion, that it's probably true.

Barry will have his day in court and it's about perjury, not possessing or using illegal substances.

Finally, you'll get older some day and you'll realize your body can't do the things that it used to do. And when you try, damn, it hurts and takes longer to recover. You'll see your metabolism slow down, you'll gain fat and not muscle, and your reactions will slow. You might just wonder how old guys like Clemens and Barry continued to compete at the highest level without a little help. Trust me, I used to be 6'2" 190 and cut. Now I am 6'2" 225 and soft. I work my ass off three days a week with a trainer now and if hurts like nobodies business.

---
Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that: It lights up the whole sky.
Hafiz
12/14/2007, 4:08 pm Link to this post   
 
BarrysBoy Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

VETERAN POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Posts: 58
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

Lionel Mandrake wrote:

quote:

BarrysBoy wrote:

Why do you say that?

 emoticon



I think you see the world in a very cut and dried manner. When I was younger and an idealistic, pie in the sky guy myself, I felt similar.

As I have grown older and experienced more in life, business, travel, etc., I have learned that things are a lot more complicated than they seem. But, I have also learned that if there's a good reason to believe that something is true because there are many clues that lead you to a logical conclusion, that it's probably true.

Barry will have his day in court and it's about perjury, not possessing or using illegal substances.

Finally, you'll get older some day and you'll realize your body can't do the things that it used to do. And when you try, damn, it hurts and takes longer to recover. You'll see your metabolism slow down, you'll gain fat and not muscle, and your reactions will slow. You might just wonder how old guys like Clemens and Barry continued to compete at the highest level without a little help. Trust me, I used to be 6'2" 190 and cut. Now I am 6'2" 225 and soft. I work my ass off three days a week with a trainer now and if hurts like nobodies business.



I hear ya.

I just don't like to assume anything.

Did Barry and Loduca use roids? Maybe, but innocent until proven guilty as I said many times already.



Last edited by BarrysBoy, 12/14/2007, 11:37 pm


---
Iron Maiden: Run to the Hills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk
12/14/2007, 4:23 pm Link to this post   
 
kaliber77 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

MOST VALUABLE POSTER
Global user

Registered: 06-2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 891
Reply | Quote



Can we just agree to call Clemens a white devil and be done with it?
12/14/2007, 4:36 pm Link to this post   
 
Lionel Mandrake Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 1895
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

kaliber77 wrote:

Can we just agree to call Clemens a white devil and be done with it?



Now that's friggin' hilarious.

---
Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that: It lights up the whole sky.
Hafiz
12/14/2007, 4:41 pm Link to this post   
 
BarrysBoy Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

VETERAN POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Posts: 58
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

kaliber77 wrote:

Can we just agree to call Clemens a white devil and be done with it?



It's not Clemens fault!

It's the white media!



 emoticon

---
Iron Maiden: Run to the Hills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk
12/14/2007, 4:43 pm Link to this post   
 
chefjuan Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 04-2006
Posts: 3718
Reply | Quote
Re: …


I'm just going to get this out of the way because it's inevitable...


--Log in or sign up to see linked image content--

---
"If the Pilgrims had landed in California the East Coast would still be wilderness"
12/14/2007, 5:11 pm Link to this post   
 
BarrysBoy Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

VETERAN POSTER
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Posts: 58
Reply | Quote
Re: …


You look like a roller holler like me!

We can be bros!

 emoticon

---
Iron Maiden: Run to the Hills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk
12/14/2007, 5:19 pm Link to this post   
 
kaliber77 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

MOST VALUABLE POSTER
Global user

Registered: 06-2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 891
Reply | Quote



BarrysChav
12/14/2007, 5:23 pm Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY

Page:  1  2  3 





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME