">
Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Please
Read Rules Click for Rules


ALL Open Forum Baseball Mules/HF's ATT Park FAQ&Admin

v

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4 

 
TheMalcontent Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 3130
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

The Jacq wrote:

quote:

TheMalcontent wrote:
It's just more amunition against Bonds and Giants fans for supporting him, it makes a scapegoat for ESPN to say that only Giants fans wanted him in and Bonds is the Devil whether the program actually worked or not. Any way you look at it it isn't good for the Giants or SF.



That's not really FUG's fault though. The media is just taking the story and running with it, without so much as giving a call to the MLB to verify that it worked, or that it even happened, for that matter (for all they know the guy that called the radio show could be a Bonds hater trying to discredit his election to the All-Star Game).

Also, if haters don't find anything bad to write about, they'll simply make !@#$ up. It reminds me of internet political discussions... People make outlandish claims about someone/something without backing them up with sources, and leave it up to their detractors to prove them wrong. In the end, they always win, because it takes much longer for others to prove them wrong that for them to invent new stories.



Well in our case we know that it was FUG called in and whether or not the program actually worked it provided more ammunition for the Media to use in it's War on Bonds.

What's the saying?

Throw enough mud and some is bound to stick.

---

7/5/2007, 12:19 pm Link to this post   
 
billabong2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: Johannisfriedhof
Posts: 2354
Reply | Quote
Re: Gee....thanks FUG


While I am among those who did not take part in any all-star balloting, and think that bragging about any “alleged” vote whoring is not only in bad taste, but downright stupid if it did in fact occur, it does not change the fact that Dave Del Grande is a !@#$ moron to write a column like this based on the unsubstantiated bragging of posters on a stupid message board. And the paper is even dumber to print the non-story. Nowhere in the column does Del Grande substantiate that this "crime" (jeez Dave you drama queen) in fact did occur, beyond the "claims" of a San Jose group adding 600,000 votes, and a "computer whiz" adding another 200,000. Nowhere in the article does Del Grande attempt to address the issue with MLB, or if he did he fails to tell the reader his inquiries were rebuffed by MLB. He instead chooses to just claim they are turning a blind eye. Personally I tend to think he was too lazy to follow up on these claims with MLB and ruin a great opportunity to bash Bonds, MLB and Giants fans, but I could be wrong.

Regardless of his motives in this matter, we are talking about a guy who less than two weeks ago claimed Billy Beane got rid of Milton Bradley because he is black:

[sign in to see URL]

(The paper has since purged his stupidity from it’s website)

but you can still read the BP commentary on his article here:

[sign in to see URL]

along with his subsequent “apology”

[sign in to see URL]

in that same paper:

===

I LEARNED LONG ago the first two rules of journalism are: 1) Be accurate; and 2) Be fair.

Unfortunately, I was neither in my column on Monday, June 25, entitled "A's whitewashed by Beane, Mets," and for that I'd like to apologize to Billy Beane, the A's organization and everyone I offended in my inaccurate assessment of the Milton Bradley situation.

===

Unfortunately it appears Dave has again forgotten the first two rules of journalism he professed to learn long ago, and chose again to write an inflammatory and accusatorial column bashing Bonds, Selig, MLB and Giants fans with nothing more than the "criminal claims" of a San Jose group and self professed computer whiz on a message board.

I also agree with Jacq, in that it is not FUG’s fault that there are lazy journalists who would rather titillate readers with stories of racism or fraud, rather than getting the actual facts behind a story and reporting them.

I've stayed on the sidelines for most of this so far, mainly because I stopped caring a long time ago what other fans or hack journalists think about Bonds or Giants fans, but I do love to fire back with both barrels when I encounter their stupidity and more often their hypocrisy when addressing either or both.
 


---
What beauty is, I know not, though it adheres to many things.
7/5/2007, 12:27 pm Link to this post   
 
sfromsf Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Bullpen Catcher
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: Sac
Posts: 4123
Reply | Quote



Neg Karma for you FUG emoticon

now all of us e-mail this jackass (writer) and bash him for again forgetting

" the first two rules of journalism are: 1) Be accurate; and 2) Be fair. "


---
Duck the Fodgers
7/5/2007, 12:34 pm Link to this post   
 
sfromsf Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Bullpen Catcher
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: Sac
Posts: 4123
Reply | Quote



uh, where's the neg karma button?

---
Duck the Fodgers
7/5/2007, 12:34 pm Link to this post   
 
Freshbreaker Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 3706
Reply | Quote



All the sports journalist I've had contact with have sever self esteem issues. Few put them on a banner and wave them as vigorously as DelGrande. There is that retarded padre fan that writes for the Kronicle though...

---
Travis Ishikawa is NOT a competent first baseman.
7/5/2007, 12:36 pm Link to this post   
 
The Jacq Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Ball Dude
Global user

Registered: 03-2006
Posts: 233
Reply | Quote
Re: Gee....thanks FUG


quote:

billabong2 wrote:
Personally I tend to think he was too lazy to follow up on these claims with MLB and ruin a great opportunity to bash Bonds, MLB and Giants fans, but I could be wrong.



From the look of it, I really don't think you are.

Also, I think the rules of journalism have been reduced to one:

1) Make more money, whatever it takes.
7/5/2007, 12:37 pm Link to this post   
 
209Giant Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 04-2007
Location: Above the Fray
Posts: 3709
Reply | Quote



Del Grande is a jackass

---
I'm a real American hero- Like Deer Hunter DeNiro
7/5/2007, 12:45 pm Link to this post   
 
Nine Buck Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

ALL TIME GREAT
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Posts: 20410
Reply | Quote
Re: …


quote:

The Jacq wrote:

quote:

TheMalcontent wrote:
It's just more amunition against Bonds and Giants fans for supporting him, it makes a scapegoat for ESPN to say that only Giants fans wanted him in and Bonds is the Devil whether the program actually worked or not. Any way you look at it it isn't good for the Giants or SF.



That's not really FUG's fault though. The media is just taking the story and running with it, without so much as giving a call to the MLB to verify that it worked, or that it even happened, for that matter (for all they know the guy that called the radio show could be a Bonds hater trying to discredit his election to the All-Star Game).

Also, if haters don't find anything bad to write about, they'll simply make !@#$ up. It reminds me of internet political discussions... People make outlandish claims about someone/something without backing them up with sources, and leave it up to their detractors to prove them wrong. In the end, they always win, because it takes much longer for others to prove them wrong that for them to invent new stories.



I disagree that it's not his fault -- your logic doesn't make any sense. There would be no story to run with ---without FUG
And now they don't have to "make !@#$ up"-- as they have Princess FUG.



Last edited by Nine Buck, 7/5/2007, 12:47 pm
7/5/2007, 12:46 pm Link to this post   
 
billabong2 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

HALL OF FAME POSTER
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: Johannisfriedhof
Posts: 2354
Reply | Quote
Re: Gee....thanks FUG


quote:

Also, I think the rules of journalism have been reduced to one:

1) Make more money, whatever it takes.



--Log in or sign up to see linked image content--

Sadly I have to agree.


---
What beauty is, I know not, though it adheres to many things.
7/5/2007, 12:49 pm Link to this post   
 
Nine Buck Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

ALL TIME GREAT
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Posts: 20410
Reply | Quote
Re: …


I also agree in that I don't think the trick worked.


The only" trick" turned, was the one done by our very own attention whore.

At least he bent us over for free.

So we have that going for us...
7/5/2007, 12:50 pm Link to this post   
 


QUICK REPLY

Page:  1  2  3  4 





You are not logged in (login)

>BACK TO THE TOP<

LINKS
Retrosheet - Baseball Reference - The Baseball Cube
OFFICIAL SF Giants Board - Active Roster - 40 Man Roster
SF 2010 Schedule - SF Gate on ATT Park - KNBR Podcasts
MLB Rumors - Baseball Think Factory - Hardball Times
Fantasy Baseball Hub - Fan Graphs - Cot's Contracts
Minor Giants Daily Recap - Seat Data - SFDugout.com
AZ Giants Spring/ Fall Blog - Your Giants Korea - El Lefty Malo
Chris Haft - Huff Daddy - Inside Giants Clubhouse
McCovey Chronicles - Dodger Blues - Extra Baggs
LINKS OF FAME